Friday, April 21

Last night, whilst riding home from work I saw the following on the canal:

One Heron, wading.

One very large dead fish

12 yoof having a canoeing lesson and shouting.

One Cormorant, diving.

Some cockneys fishing.

Five Ducklings (getting quite big now)

Some cockneys jogging. (One of whom was about 75 years old)

A swan

A Rottweiler

Some Canada geese.

A Corgi

Lots of Coots

Most exciting of all – six Moorhen chicks with little red faces. Never seen those before.

I am becoming a birdwatcher. I realised this when I cornered Colin, our IT Manager, in the staff kitchen and started waxing lyrical about the ducklings. I have started looking forward to seeing the little duck family in the morning when I wake up.

It’s lucky I’m going out to get hammered and dance tonight or I would be worried about myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger jamiejamiejamie said...

Oh fuck, well hello, I may be going to jail tomorrow...sketching out darling, just read up on your activities and the bit about going HOME struck quite a note, and so thanks. Can't wait to greet your rats!

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home