Tuesday, October 4

Today I am full of love…..

Loving, loving, loving Karl Jenkins’ The Armed Man. It’s stunningly beautiful and I have got to that stage where I can’t leave the house in the morning without listening to it all the way through. Good for the soul but less so for punctuality, particularly when my amp breaks (old amp - you are nothing but trouble but I love you so) and I have to spend 20 minutes fixing it so that I can listen to the Benedictus.

Also loving this time of year. Particularly the crispness of the morning air. Even though it’s grey (obviously – this is London), it’s completely refreshing and fills me full of anticipation. Seasonal change is always exciting. There’s about three weeks left of this before it turns fucking freezing & dark 20 hours a day and I’m going to savour it.

I opened up the theatre this morning. God, an empty, dark, silent, underground theatre auditorium is a very strange space indeed. Particularly one as old as this. I like it very much.

Me and Hels invented a new leisure activity last night at Whitechapel sports centre. It combines badminton with the type of choreographed hip-hop moves usually seen on MTV Base to a soundtrack of dirty gritty grime and UK garage. I predict that it will become extremely popular amongst cunty Clapham-dwelling urbanites in manner of Capoeira and Hels and I will become rich.

One of the things that I love most about my girls is that we all share an attitude which enables us to make even the smallest, most mundane activity very fucking enjoyable. Last night’s Badminton game for example, or having teeth-cleaning stand-offs in the bathroom. You see, if everything has this playful edge to it, life is so much more interesting and there is less room for darkness, darkness all around.

Anyway, better do some work. Am up to my eyeballs in HR legislation - company policy on paternity leave etc – which I must finish today, yuckity yuck. This can in no way be turned into a fun game and must simply be written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home