Friday, October 14

Worked an 11 hour shift yesterday as it was opening night at the Players. Needless to say; the box office crashed and we had to go to a manual booking system, the pyrotechnics fucked up, the ushers didn't turn up for work and the fire alarm kept going off randomly, triggering evacuation. I was in my element.

The techie kept coming into the office and saying things like "The pomfrets are out which means that the curly sprocket won't work. We may have to rely on the loop but that means we can't utilise the genesis system." To which I'd reply "Ok, I'm going to call an electrician." I have no fucking idea what language techies speak but it's not one I've come across before. He didn't seem to clock on to my incompetence though, so that's alright. Rule number one in job blaggery: Never, ever look nonplussed.

Not sure exactly what the play's about (it's a musical so I didn't watch it, obviously), but from backstage it seemed to involve lots of pretty boys in jodphurs and riding boots and one particularly fine specimen in a velvet cape. Mmmm.

Theatre work is quite fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home