Tuesday, September 11



Saw (ie drooled over) Alan Cumming as a transvestite, gold-kilted Dionysus in a fantastic production of the Bacchae last night. He was just about the hottest thing I have seen on stage or screen for a long, long time. *sigh*


Left the theatre wishing I was a Maenad, I reckon I would have been pretty good at it.


On a slightly less wild note, it's our wedding anniversary today. We are still so happy, it's remarkable. As a child of the eighties, I didn't dare expect marriage to be so wonderful but my ingrained pessimism is slowly but surely being worn away.


The great thing about this marriage is it is cosy and comfortable but it also incorporates elements of wild booze soaked Bacchan frenzy (Lucy's wedding reception & Reading being prime examples) and I am therefore able to satisfy both my Maenad* and Missus personas. Hoorah! Many Happy Returns to us! ;)




* I would just like to point out that I would not actually rip anyone to shreds or shag a snake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boudicca Lee said...

I, however, would do both!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Yeah ya would.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home