Tuesday, September 19

The desert challenged all my preconceptions once again.

This time it was preconceptions from the virgin Burn that were smashed. Some of my expectations of joy, community, sharing & love were broken down as the week went on.

It's true to say there were still large fuck-off measures of those things (particularly compared to the default world) but some elements within the Burn conspired to remove any innocence from the experience. Shifts in relationships and group dynamics seemed to be prevalent this year. These were both positive and negative, and in true desert style, were very intense either way.

I have done a lot of thinking about it and come to the conclusion that I am pleased I experienced the dark side of Black Rock City and I love the place all the more for it.

That wily desert....never quite what you expect.

However, throughout it all, one thing was constant. Turtle and I grew closer every day. I have never in my life experienced such complete support. It was the perfect preparation for the most perfect, indescribably beautiful wedding ceremony. I feel completely blessed and totally in love.

sleeping

1 Comments:

Blogger jamiejamiejamie said...

I love the shit outta yous guys.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home