Friday, November 25

Fuck me, Matthew Bourne is an absolute genius.

Watching Edward Scissorhands last night left me feeling like I had been ravaged.

The rats and I stumbled out of Sadler’s Wells and down fairy-light-lined Rosebery Avenue into the night red-eyed, sniffling & stunned.

It never fails to amaze me how this man can keep your heart rate raised for two fucking hours. His work is tragic, hilarious, beautiful and almost uncomfortably sensual.

I really loved it when Carlsy (who had never seen contemporary dance or ballet before) said that she didn’t realise there weren’t any words until the interval. Now that’s how it fucking well should be mate.

I am going again before it closes.

Now from the sublime to the ridiculous….. This blog is written by someone who has been living in the woods near Oxford since June.

http://ditchmonkey.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home